Jan 8, 2009

♪♪ Elvis Presley Cake ♫ ...(Pineapple Cake)



Nothing fancy for this cake, simply delicious. It's Elvis Presley's favorite cake.

For Cake:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 (3-ounce) box vanilla pudding (not sugar free)
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 cup milk



Topping:
1 (16-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 cup sugar

Frosting:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans



Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat cake mix, pudding, eggs, oil, and milk until smooth about 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into the greased 9×13-inch pan. Bake in preheated oven for 45-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center come out clean. Cool completely.

I make two round pans because I want to use my cake stand and it is easy to cut in the same size.


2. While cake is baking, boil pineapple and sugar on top of stove until sugar has dissolves about 5 minutes and chill.

While cake has cooled, punch holes in top and pour pineapple over cake.

"I am not pour all pineapple juice into the cake because I don’t want my cake to be soggy. Next time I will add more pineapple too."


3. Beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add vanilla and gradually add confectioners' sugar, beat until creamy. Fold in pecans, mix well. Drop by dollops onto cake until top is mostly covered and then spread to frost cake. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

This one is to share with our friends.

This recipe is from www.southernplate.com Thank you for sharing your great recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visit my blog.

Thank you for visit my blog.