Jun 23, 2009

Cat’s Tongue Cookies

The cat in the picture is name Mee Sook (means happy). My sister found poor kitty on the side of the street. I’m very surprised to know my family has a cat because we love dogs! My mom said, Mee Sook is a sweet cat and she loves him. I heard a lot of his stories and am excited to go back to see him in Thailand soon.


I had leftover egg white from making coconut-pecan frosting. First time I had no idea what to do with them and I didn’t want to throw away. Just freeze them to keep longer, drop one egg white in each section of ice cube tray and freeze until firm. Remove the egg white cubes and store in a freezer bag. Thaw in refrigerator to use.

Cat’s Tongues cookies taste like Nilla Wafer but thinner and crispy. It’s very easy to make and you can’t go wrong with it. It’s good with ice-cream, milk, hot tea or by itself.



I doubled the recipe.

Make: 40-50 cookies

Ingredients:
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
Small pinch of salt
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup all-purpose flour
2 white from large eggs, room temperature



Directions:
1. Prepare two baking pans lined with parchment or aluminum foil and grease with butter, set aside.


2. Sift confectioner’ sugar and salt in to the large bowl, add softened butter and using a spatula mix until smooth. Fold in half of the flour; slowly mix in the egg whites and vanilla followed by the rest of the flour. Continue mixing only until thoroughly incorporated.


3. Put the cookie dough in a pastry bag fitted with a round pastry tip (about 1/4-inch opening). Pipe the dough onto the prepared pans in 2 1/2-inch lengths. Space the piped dough at least 1 1/2 inches apart to allow for spread.


4. Bake in preheated oven at 400 degree F for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned and the middle is still pale.


5. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool. The cookies will be pliable straight from the oven but will crisp within minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visit my blog.

Thank you for visit my blog.