Jan 3, 2009

Velvet Crumb Cake


This recipe has been famous for more than 30 years and is always a hit.

Make:8 servings

For Cake:
1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons shortening or butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg


For topping:
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans
3 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons milk


Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9-inch round cake pan or 8-inch square pan.

2. In large bowl, beat Bisquick mix, granulated sugar, 1/2 cup milk, shortening, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool slightly.

*** My hand mixer on low speed, isn’t slow enough. So I beat the mixture on low level just until smooth for about 3 minutes. Don’t over beat; your cake will be thick. I had this problem before, and my cake was not fluffy because I followed the direction. My hand mixture beats too fast. ***


3. In small bowl, mix coconut, brown sugar, nuts, butter and 2 tablespoons milk. Spread topping over cake. Set oven control to broil. Broil about 3 inches from heat for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.


I use 8-inch round cake because I want to see the layer and I doubled the topping.

It's so good!!


This recipe is from www.bettycrocker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visit my blog.

Thank you for visit my blog.