Jan 8, 2009

Pumpkin Gooey Bars


I’ve never really like pumpkin pie but this was easy and delicious. The original recipe is from Paula Deen, they call it pumpkin gooey butter cakes, but I added some crunchy stuff. First time I was a little bit confused, but after reading the recipe they use a lot of powder sugar. I thought a whole box of powdered sugar was overkill so I only use 3/4 of the box, it makes me feel a little bit better. I want to eat pumpkin gooey bars just one time a year because I am scared about calories and diabetes. But I have problem I cannot stop eating them, they are so good!!!

Cake:
1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tablespoons butter, melted


Filling:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened ( I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar ( I used 3/4 of the box)
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon


Topping:
1 cup cake-mix mixture reserved
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup pecans, chopped

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Set aside 1 cup of the cake-mix mixture. Spread remaining cake-mix mixture in a lightly greased 13x9x2 baking pan. Press to form an even crust.


3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter, and beat together. Next, add the powdered sugar, cinnamon and mix well. Pour pumpkin mixture over cake batter.

** Gradually add powder sugar and then taste it. Don’t use a whole box too sweet**

4. Cut butter into the reserved cake mix mixture, add sugar and chopped pecans. Dot evenly over the pumpkin mixture.


5. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes. Make sure not to overbake as the center should be a little gooey. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into triangles or squares. Served warm with whipped cream.

My kitchen smells really good!

The original recipe is from Paula Deen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visit my blog.

Thank you for visit my blog.